Friday, June 24, 2011

Running, friends, and Patrick Dempsey!

So a little while back a few of my super awesome Lost Girls mommy friends decided to all do the Couch to 5k program. I need to get in shape and lose the rest of this baby weight that won't come off on it's own so I figured running is a good way to start it. I ran track in high school but I did that mostly for the socialization. I sucked at running, I had a very slight case of asthma, and well I just hated it anyway. But for some reason with other people doing it, it seemed like fun. Plus a couple of my coworkers run on occasion too so I figured if I got good at running I could go running with them sometime. So I started the couch to 5k program using my Wii fit and running while the kids were napping. I proudly finished day 3 of week 7 the other day and on Sunday will be starting Week 8 which is running for 28 minutes straight. It amazes me that I can actually do that. I mean even Week 7 is 25 minutes. If you had asked me 3 months ago if I could run anywhere I would say only if I was being chased and it would have to be being chased by some psycho murderous lunatic. But somehow with this program I managed to actually like running...or even love running! I am working on running outside now. I did my last workout running around the backyard while the kids played. I hope to get a double jogging stroller at some point when I find one cheap enough and actually take my minions out with me for runs.

But let's get to the Patrick Dempsey part. So part of the couch to 5k program is that you work up to 5k so that you can register and run one. My best best friend Jennie and I decided to try to find one somewhere between us and register. That's when I remembered that we could do the best 5k ever...The Dempsey Challenge!!! If there is one thing that Jennie and I both love it's Grey's Anatomy and McDreamy! I had registered to walk the Dempsey Challenge last year but hurt my back badly the week before and wasn't able to go. This year we are going to run it and I'm so excited! It's not until October which gives us plenty of time to work up to it. We'll get to run, hang out, and see us some McDreamy. I'm crazy excited!

But I also need to raise $150 for an awesome cause...the cancer center Patrick Dempsey started here in Maine. So help me out and sponsor me

http://dempseychallenge2011.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=435102&lis=0&kntae435102=274476F2F9A04090B71CE24C1EE82AD5

Thanks and you are awesome...and that's coming from me so you must truly be the awesomest person ever!!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone who reads this MUST donate! The titles you can choose from when putting in your name are hilarious!!!! I wanted to be H.R.H. or The Hon. but Joe wouldn't let me. So instead my title is "The". I am "The" Wendy Bailey. Oh yeah. I rock. I'm also drinking wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Wendy you are truly the awesomemest The Wendy ever!!!

    ReplyDelete